Water Operations Superintendent
The Water Replenishment District of Southern California
Invites Applications for the Position of
WATER OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT
Full-Time Position/ Salary Range Starts at $90,000 Annually;
Starting Salary will Depend on Qualifications
Under the general direction of the Assistant General Manager/Chief Engineer, the Water Operations Superintendent shall supervise, plan and coordinate the activities, operations, and maintenance of the Water Replenishment District of Southern California’s (WRD or District) water infrastructure, including water production, treatment, and storage, water quality, and water distribution; ensure compliance with State, Federal and local regulatory requirements related to water operations; coordinate assigned activities with other departments, outside agencies (including contractors) and the general public; and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the Assistant General Manager/Chief Engineer.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess the equivalent of:
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent college units, with major course work in chemistry, biology, water science, civil engineering, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Plus, six years of increasingly responsible experience in the management of water operations, maintenance, and regulatory compliance including water treatment facilities and related infrastructure, including two years of supervisory experience OR oversight of contract staff.
Licensing, Certification, and Registration:
- Possession of a Grade 5 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate or T5 Water Treatment Operator Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Possession of a minimum Grade D3 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Possession and maintenance of an appropriate, valid California driver's license.
Benefits provided to all full-time employees of the include:
WRD pays the premium for medical, dental, and vision; vacation, holidays and sick leave pay; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; retirement through the California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) with Social Security; deferred compensation plans (457(b) and a 401(a) plan with a $.50 for each dollar contributed to a maximum of $11,843 annually. Further benefit details can be provided upon request.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates should apply through CalOpps.org. Please click on this link to Apply: www.calopps.org-Superintendent
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
For additional inquires please contact, email@example.com.