2015 Drought Briefing Materials
2015 Drought - Four Years and Counting: Impacts and Actions
Below are materials and resources from ACWA's 2015 drought briefing on April 9 at the Crest Theatre in Sacramento.
This program was presented in partnership with the California Department of Water Resources, the California State Association of Counties, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the League of California Cities, the California Farm Water Coalition, the California Farm Bureau Federation, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, the California Office of Emergency Services and Cal Fire.
This event drew 300 attendees to the Crest with another 3,000+ via webcast.
Event photos are available here.
A recording of the event webcast is available here.
The following materials are currently available:
- 2015 Drought Briefing Agenda
- 2015 Drought Conditions At a Glance Handout
- ACWA's 2015 Drought Response Activities Handout
- 2015 Drought Briefing Speaker Biographies
- 2015 Drought - Four Years a Counting: Impacts and Actions - ACWA Vice President Kathy Tiegs
- How Bad is It? Drought Conditions Overview - State Climatologist Michael Anderson's Presentation
- Managing on the Ground: Local Agency Actions and Response - EBMUD General Manager Alexander Coate's Presentation
- Save Our Water Public Education Campaign - ACWA Deputy Executive Director for External Affairs/Operations Jennifer Persike
Online Drought Resources
A printable PDF copy of this online drought resource guide is available here.
- State and Federal Agency Resources
- State and Federal Water Deliveries
- Water and Climate Conditions
- ACWA and Other Stakeholder Resources