How to Join ACWA
For more than 100 years, ACWA has provided leadership and a unified voice for California's public water agencies as they worked to provide a reliable water supply for communities, farms and businesses.
Join Today and Maximize Your ACWA Membership
ACWA membership is open to any public agency, special district or organization created and operated for the purpose of managing, treating, acquiring, using or supplying water for any purpose within California.
It’s easy to join, and there are countless benefits to membership.
Non-public organizations that promote or support ACWA member agencies through the products or services they provide may join as Associate/Affiliates.
In addition to advocacy and a voice on key water issues, your membership in ACWA gives you access to a wide variety of information, resources and value-added programs. To help you get the most of your membership, we've assembled a few tips for maximizing your participation in ACWA.
By joining ACWA as a public agency member, your agency will receive:
- Effective representation in the legislative and regulatory arenas in Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
- Access to expertise in water quality, local government, water management and other areas
- Discounted registration for all ACWA-sponsored events, including twice-yearly statewide conferences and other workshops and forums
- Timely, informative communications on important issues
- Access to cost-saving benefits and insurances programs
- Access to valuable programs and services through ACWA’s Preferred Provider Program
- Opportunities to network with local, state and federal officials
- Participation in ACWA’s active region and committee structure
Other Membership Benefits:
All public agency members receive:
- Subscriptions to ACWA's monthly printed newsletter ACWA News for your board of directors, general manager and up to three other people with your agency.
- Discounted member rates on all ACWA-sponsored events and publications
- Copies of ACWA's annual Summary of Legislation and ACWA’s Summary of Appellate Cases.
- Access to benefits and insurance programs through ACWA/JPIA: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Workers' Comp., Liability, Long-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program. www.acwajpia.com
- PLUS MUCH MORE!
Dues are based on your agency’s Operating & Maintenance expenses and prorated based on when your agency applies for membership.
Receive 50% Off Your Prorated ACWA Membership Dues Now!
Get your foot in the door. ACWA's Step-Up to Membership program for new members provides access to all aspects of ACWA membership, while gradually stepping up to the full dues amount. This ONE-TIME-ONLY OFFER is available to all potential public agency members.
To receive membership information or ask a question, contact ACWA's Member Services Group at 916.441.4545 or toll-free at 888.666.2292.