ACWA 2016-2017 Region Elections
Call for Candidates Closed June 30
Region Election Ballots were emailed on July 31, 2015
2015 is an election year for ACWA's 10 regions for the 2016-'17 term. All region board members serve a two-year term and are elected by their region membership. The Region boards serve many important functions, such as organizing tours and programs that educate ACWA's membership, activating grassroots support for issues and articulating regional views.
Region nominating committees are appointed each election year and are tasked with identifying and reviewing qualifications of eligible region chair, vice chair, and board member candidates for the 2016-'17 term.
The 2016-2017 Region election ballots were emailed to General Managers and Board President on July 31, 2015.
Region 1 Nominating Committee
· Tami Ipsen, Hidden Valley Lake CSD
· Carol Rische, Humboldt Bay MWD
· Chris DeGabriele, North Marin WD
Region 2 Nominating Committee
· Jeff Sutton, Tehama-Colusa Canal Authority
· Lewis Bair, Reclamation District 108
· Thad Bettner, Glenn-Colusa ID
· Ted Trimble, Western Canal WD
Region 3 Nominating Committee
· Tom Cumpston, El Dorado ID
· Andy Fecko, Placer County WA
· Richard Solbrig, South Tahoe PUD
Region 4 Nominating Committee
· Richard Atkins, Stockton East WD
· Ron Greenwood, Carmichael WD
· Christy Barton, Yolo County FC & WCD
Region 5 Nominating Committee
· Bette Boatmun, Contra Costa WD
· Bert Michalczyk, Dublin San Ramon SD
· Jill Duerig, Zone 7 WA
· Rick Gilmore, Byron Bethany ID
· Jim Fiedler, Santa Clara Valley WD
Region 6 Nominating Committee
· Jeff Bryant, Firebaugh Canal WD
· Gary Serrato, Fresno ID
· Ara Azhderian, San Luis & Delta-Mendota WA
Region 7 Nominating Committee
· Phil Nixon, Los Hills WD
· Dan Vink, Lower Tule ID
· Mark Gilkey, Tulare Lake Basin WSD
· Jason Gianquinto, Semitropic Water Storage District
Region 8 Nominating Committee
· Tony Zampiello, Main San Gabriel Basin Watermaster
· Nina Jazmadarian, Foothill MWD
· Jerry Gladbach, Castaic Lake WA
Region 9 Nominating Committee
· Greg Morrison, Elsinore Valley MWD
· Kirby Brill, Mojave WA
· John Mura, East Valley WD
· Nancy Wright, Mission Springs WD
Region 10 Nominating Committee
· Doug Wilson, Padre Dam WD
· Jim Murtland, Rincon del Diablo WD
· Phil Anthony, Orange County WD
· Robert Hill, El Toro WD
The ACWA region election process got under way earlier this year. The elections reconstitute the boards of each region, including the region chair, vice chair and board members.
Nominating committees were appointed by the current chairs of each region. The committees are tasked with identifying and reviewing qualifications of eligible region chair, vice chair and board member candidates for the 2016-’17 term.
Election materials will be sent to ACWA member agencies electronically on May 4. Included in the email will be links to information about the role and responsibilities of the regions, election timeline, region rules and regulations, candidate nomination form and a sample resolution.
Interested candidates are required to submit a signed resolution of support from their agency’s board of directors in order to be eligible for the election. All candidate nomination forms, signed resolutions and candidate information are to be submitted to ACWA no later than June 30, 2015.
The election will begin on July 31, 2015, when the region nominating committees announce their recommended slate for each of the 10 region boards. An official electronic ballot identifying the recommended slate and any additional candidates for consideration will be sent to all ACWA member agencies. Only one ballot per agency is accepted.
All region election ballots have to be received by ACWA by Sept. 30, and election results will be announced on Oct. 5, 2015.
About ACWA Region Elections
ACWA Region elections occur in odd-number years to elect the officers of each region. The officers shall be a chair and a vice chair and three to five board members who are elected by their region by September 30, or the preceding Friday if September 30 falls on a weekend. The officers of the region board take office on January 1 of the calendar year following the election and hold office for two years. (ACWA Bylaw V.2.A).
The nominating committee role is to pursue qualified member candidates within the region to run for the region board. The nominated committee is appointed by the region chair in concurrence by the region board in the odd year. The nominating committee will select a recommended slate for the region election.
Call for Candidates
Will be sent out to all ACWA Region General Managers and Board Presidents on May 4, 2015.
Region Election Results Announced
ACWA Region election results are announced October 5, 2015.
|2015 Region Election Timeline||139.77 KB|
|Role of the Regions||132.95 KB|