2011 Urban Water Management Plan Workshops
The Department of Water Resources invites you to attend one of our upcoming workshops on 2010 Urban Water Management Plans (UWMPs).
Urban retail water suppliers are required to adopt urban water management plans by July 1, 2011. In addition, the Water Conservation Act of 2009 (SBX7-7), put in place new requirements for 2010 UWMPs. DWR is holding these workshops to assist water suppliers in preparing their plans and meeting the new requirements. DWR will provide all-day workshops in February and March in ten locations throughout California.
The workshops will cover;
- The new Guidebook for 2010 Urban Water Management Plans. The final version of the Guidebook will be available for download prior to the workshops.
- Instruction on methods for calculating baseline water use and water use targets.
- Demand Management Measures (DMMs).
- An introduction to the new Data Online Submittal Tool (DOST). DOST can help save time and improve accuracy by prompting the user to complete all necessary fields. DOST is highly recommended and the DWR strongly promotes its use.
- Ample opportunity for questions and answers.
The workshops are free and no registration is required. Lunch will be provided on-site for $10.
All workshops begin at 9:30 am and presentations will conclude at 3:30pm. DWR staff will be available for additional questions and discussion until 5:00pm.