ACWA Drought Response Toolkit Now Available
With the State Water Resources Control Board’s emergency conservation regulations now in effect, water agencies around the state are working to meet state-mandated water conservation targets ranging from 4% to 36%.
ACWA has prepared this Drought Response Toolkit to assist member agencies as they take action at the local level and communicate information about water use restrictions, enforcement and other issues with their customers, media and other audiences.
Many of the suggested actions and resources were identified during a special webinar series sponsored by ACWA in May in partnership with the Governor’s Office, the State Water Board and other organizations.
- Drought Conditions and Statistics
- Drought Response Action Checklist
- Facts about California’s Water System
- Myths About California’s Drought
- Fast Facts on the Value of Water Service
- Message Points on Water Rate Increases
- Mesasge Points on New Development and Drought
- 2015 Drought Resources List
- State Water Board Emergency Conservation Regulations Infographic
For questions or if you would like to customize these resources for your agency, please contact Lisa Lien-Mager, ACWA communications director, at (916) 441-4545.