ACWA engages on an array of legislative and regulatory issues to advocate on behalf of its members and to promote a more reliable and sustainable water system.
The association also works hard to assist its members as they implement local resource programs and respond to challenges such as climate change.
To guide ACWA’s efforts on legislative and regulatory issues, ACWA’s Board of Directors has adopted Policy Principles  on many key topics.
For a high-level look at recent activity and initiatives, view ACWA's Update on Priority Issues  (member login required).
View recent ACWA Outreach Alerts and Advisories  (member login required).
Legislative Tracking / Bill Search
ACWA’s online legislative tracking and bill search makes it easy to check the status of key water legislation, view ACWA’s positions on bills, read analyses by ACWA’s legislative advocates and other information.
- ACWA bill tracking (Members Only) 
- Current State Legislative Committee bill packet (Members Only) 
- Long-Term Water Conservation EO B-37-16 Policy Framework Report 
- Mandatory Emergency Drought Urban Water Conservation 
- Groundwater Sustainability 
- Water Quality 
- Climate Change 
- Endangered / Invasive Species