2014 Water Bond
Proposition 1 -- the Water Quality, Supply and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014 -- is a $7.545 billion general obligation bond measure set for the November 2014 ballot. If approved by voters, the measure would provide funding for needed investments as part of a statewide, comprehensive water plan for California,
Proposition 1 is the product of more than five years of discussions and negotiations among state lawmakers, stakeholders and others to craft a responsible bond measure to provide targeted funding for new surface and groundwater storage projects, regional water reliability, sustainable groundwater management and cleanup, water recycling, water conservation and safe drinking water, particularly for disadvantaged communities.
Legislation placing the Proposition 1 on the ballot was approved on a near unanimous, bipartisan vote by the Legislature and signed by Gov. Jerry Brown on Aug. 13.
ACWA's Board of Directors voted unanimously to support Proposition 1 in a special meeting Aug. 19.
- Download a fact sheet on Proposition 1 here.
- Download an infographic on Proposition 1 funding categories here.
- View a running list of Proposition 1 supporters here.
- View the official title, summary and ballot arguments and rebuttals for Proposition 1 in the Voter Information Guide here.
- Download ACWA's Proposition 1 toolkit #2 for ACWA members here. (Member log-in required.)
- View the Yes on Proposition 1 and Proposition 2 campaign website here.
- Download a presentation by Timothy Quinn from the Oct. 8 ACWA webinar here.