Statewide Water Action Plan
ACWA's Board of Directors unanimously approved a Statewide Water Action Plan for California on Sept. 27, 2013. Developed by a broad cross-section of member water interests convened by ACWA over several months, the plan outlines 15 actions to improve water supply reliability, protect water rights, protect the integrity of the state's water system and promote better stewardship.
It also includes guiding principles for implementation of the plan to help ensure actions benefit the entire state, respect water rights and contract terms, and reflect a new regulatory approach that can better meet the needs of California water users and ecosystems.
To demonstrate the broadest support possible for the Statewide Water Action Plan, ACWA is encouraging its member agencies to adopt resolutions in support of the plan.
- Read the Statewide Water Action Plan
- Read a Fact Sheet on the Statewide Water Action Plan
- Download a Sample Resolution in Support of the Statewide Water Action Plan
- View a summary of changes between the draft and final California Water Action Plan
- Download a comparison of ACWA's Statewide Water Action Plan and the Brown Administration's final California Water Action Plan
- View a PowerPoint presentation by ACWA Executive Director Timothy Quinn
- View a list and map of water agencies supporting the Statewide Water Action Plan (Updated March 24, 2014)